After spending 54 years from birth to 2008 living in Iowa I was presented with an opportunity to live in Fairbanks, Alaska. My blog is a diary of the adventure to get to Alaska, day to day life in Alaska, as well as facts for loved ones left behind in the Lower 48. Enjoy.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Denali Excursion

Nate and I decided to trek to Denali National Park today. It rained on the way there and home, but the remainder of the day was mostly sunny.

This guy was on a tour bus that stopped next to our car....he has a distinct resemblance to my father!

Mountains (obviously)
We saw one mama moose and her baby. Here the mother is eating whatever grows on the bottoms of ponds. I'm told moose do that.

What a face!

Momma with her baby in the background.

We were told a large caribou herd came through just before we arrived in this area. We saw only this tired one.

No comments: