After spending 54 years from birth to 2008 living in Iowa I was presented with an opportunity to live in Fairbanks, Alaska. My blog is a diary of the adventure to get to Alaska, day to day life in Alaska, as well as facts for loved ones left behind in the Lower 48. Enjoy.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Iowa Vacation


Great Grandpa Skeeter, 81, and Avery, 5 months.

Justin dodging Brittany's fire after extinguishing altar candles.


Rear of Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Sioux City, Iowa.



View to the north of Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Sioux City, Iowa.




Windmill towers which generate electricity.











Daisy





Nate, his daughter, and granddaughter.









Christmas decor in Nate's daughter's new home.











Boys and Girls Home of Nebraska @ South Sioux City.










My son's hockey game.
























Brittany










Bumper crop of corn in Iowa.


The weather this weekend is brutally cold, so we spent all day today (as well as New Year's Day) snug and warm at home. Further, with only about 4 hours of daylight (which hasn't been very light recently due to the ice fog) we find we can stay home and be very content.When purchasing groceries earlier this week I bought a 17 lb. turkey which I baked today. Gave us a nice meal, lots of leftovers as well as several hours of heat which kept us toasty today. One of my missions for this weekend was to see if I could get the video/still camera to work. I've kept it plugged in all week, checking several times daily to see if the battery has charged or if it is working off of electricity. Nothing.




























Another mission was to see if I could get the photos on the memory stick onto my computer. Well, I had success with that, as you can see.




























No comments: